Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Dorm Room Crafts! (Part 2)

If you read yesterday's post, you know that I'm on a mission to create cute and functional pieces for my dorm room. Granted, a great amount of the inspiration is coming from Pinterest...


Project 2: Paint Sample Dry-Erase Calendar




I have a small LARGE obsession with paint samples...both how many colors there are and the fact that they are very much free (though I do admit to feeling guilty taking like seven samples with the complete knowledge that I am not buying actual paint anytime soon).


My version is above; this one I found on Pinterest (the pin connects to here, which isn't the original post, but just to give credit where it's due...)



I was already kind of halfway done with the project since I've been working on this board since last summer. I saw the great idea to just use a basic frame with glass inside as a dry erase board, and so I got a basic 12 x 12 frame so that I could put in any scrapbook paper (with material on it or not) and use it as a dry erase board. So when I saw the paint chip calendar idea, I basically just needed to make a new template for my frame using the paint samples. 

I don't have pictures of the work in progress, but you could really put in the paint chips into any size frame; you just need to make sure to cut each sample strip correctly to fit your desired dimensions. I cut each strip so that the width measured 1.5 inches long so that seven of them could fit on 12 inches. I could have used double-sided tape to put them down on a basic piece of white scrapbook paper, but I happened to use the basic Elmer's School Glue. 

All done! And of course, you can just erase your calendar and write down the next month. Or you could make an entire other template with a different set of paint samples! 


No comments:

Post a Comment